The St Nicholas Primary School Advisory Council is an advisory body which meets to discuss, monitor and direct the overall operation of St Nicholas Primary School. It aims to support the Principal, staff and Parish Priest in their delivery of programs and the daily management of the school. The School Advisory Council consists of the Parish Priest, the Principal, the Assistant Principal, a staff representative, a representative from the PT&F and representatives from the school community. The School Advisory Council meets each Term.
The School Advisory Council has responsibility to advise in the following areas:
- The development of the Catholic identity, ethos and mission of the school.
- The pastoral care strategies in the school community.
- Promotion of the school in the local community.
- Preparation and monitoring of the annual budget.
- Ensuring compliance with the ACNC Regulations by school associations and committees such as the P&F.
- Development of local strategic plans (finance, buildings, resources) and contributing to diocesan educational strategic planning.
- Facilitation of school community responses in conjunction with Catholic system leadership by the NCEC, CEC, BCCS and CSO in engaging with governments on school funding and other relevant issues.
- The preparation and publication to the parish and school community of an Annual School Advisory Council Report.
- Supporting opportunities for parent engagement in student learning.
- The provision of opportunities for parents for social, community and parish interaction and for parents to form supportive networks.
- Other matters as requested by the Principal or Parish Priest.