AN INCLUSIVE LEARNING COMMUNITY
At St Nicholas Primary School we follow the academic curriculum set by the NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA), implementing it in a way that is diverse, engaging and catering to a variety of learning styles.
Every child is valued for their talents, and we endeavour to provide opportunities for children to reach their potential. Our friendly school environment makes St Nicholas Primary School a happy place to learn and play.
Some of the programs and strategies employed by St Nicholas Primary School are:
- A Centre for Excellence in Oral Language both Expressive and Receptive where we work in partnership with the University of New England and Charles Sturt University
- MiniLit – a literacy intervention program for students in the junior years
- Guided Reading Groups
- Happy Readers
- Student support programs and Individual Programs for students experiencing difficulties
- The Sound Waves Spelling Program
- Tournament of the Minds
- Brain Olympia
- Debating and Public Speaking opportunities
- Catholic Schools Celebrate
- A Buddy Mentoring program where younger students are paired up with older students
- Various lunchtime activities
- Opportunities for students to have tuition in violin, guitar and piano
At St Nicholas Primary School we are committed to exploring opportunities to expose our students to a diversity of learning experiences as well as the traditional curriculum.
KEY LEARNING AREAS
- Religious Education and the Sacramental Program
- Science and Technology
- Human Society and its Environment
- Creative Arts
- Personal Development / Health / Physical Education
INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATIONS TECHNOLOGIES (ICT)
St Nicholas Primary School provides students and teachers with a vibrant and supportive ICT environment. New technology is integrated into our teaching and learning. We believe that a well-resourced technological environment helps children prepare for their future.
- Public speaking